M Mogger's Brewery, The E. Bleemel Building built in 1837, occupies the block between 9th and 9½ Streets on Poplar. It houses a rich part of the history of early beer brewing in the Wabash Valley. Matthias Mogger, the restaurant's namesake, was a German immigrant and one of the pioneers of early brewing.. His brewery, M. Mogger's Brewery, was housed in the building from 1848-1868. The Bleemel Building became part of the Terre Haute Brewing Company in 1989. By 1893, it was the 7th largest brewery in the country. The brewery closed for good in 1958.
Mogger's is a tribute to the rich brewing tradition that once thrived here. A fun-filled turn of the century atmosphere, decked out with antique brewing equipment and paraphernalia, the menu features sandwiches, salads, steaks, pork, pasta, pizza, seafood and chicken. Moggers has a full bar and over 125 different beers to choose from.